Lulu

The Occasional Cavorting and Musings of a Female Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Egad! I've Been Tagged!

Thanks a BUNCH, Buster.

I’ve been tagged and now it’s MY turn to list five weird things about myself.

I guess I need to post instructions for my victims, so here goes:

The player of this game starts by listing “5 weird things/habits” about him/herself, then tags five friends and lists their names. Those who get “tagged” need to write on their blogs about their “5 weird “things/habits,” as well as state this rule clearly, then “tag” 5 more victims.

Note: Don’t forget to leave your victim a comment that says “you’re tagged!” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Uh oh. Before I begin, I have two questions.

1.) What if I tag someone who’s been tagged before? Is that okay?

2.) Is this game limited to dogs only?

I guess I'm operating in a vacuum. Since I don’t have access to game footnotes, I choose the following victims:

Let’s see now…WHO will it be, hmm?
I think I’ll go with:

1.) Sid
2.) Simon
3.) Wally
4.) Fufu
5.) Ray and Jay Monkey

And now… drum roll, please!

Hmm… this takes some courage.

Five quirky things about myself by Lulu:

1.) I’m absolutely terrified of the vacuum cleaner. I can’t tell you if it’s the growling sound it makes or its serpentine neck with that sucking mouthpart. Whenever it comes out of its closet, I try to get that coiled neck by the throat and pull. I even will stoop to sneaking a "sucker nip" when its totally unguarded, unplugged and sleeping. My human gets so annoyed with me, but I can’t stop. Maybe it’s a past life connection, I dunno.

2.) I really don’t know if I should reveal this one. Well... what the hay. Okay, so I’m afraid of strangers. I guess I’m just a big wuss. When a strange human comes to the door, I hide downstairs and bark from the basement. When a strange animal comes near the house, I bark at it from INSIDE the house. There’s even this family of deer that frequently pass through the backyard and they scare the bejeesus out of me. Even the baby fawn terrifies me. It’s remarkable how much noise you can make from the basement when you have a good healthy bark.

3.) I know I’m not alone in this, but I like to feast on fresh kitty yummies right out of the oven, especially Miss Kitty's. I usually can pull this off because I wait till no one’s around and my head fits perfectly through the top cover door of the litter box. Thing is, I often forget to wipe the litter off my bottom lip and they’re now beginning to talk.

4.) I’m not a natural blonde. The summer sun and chlorine from the pool tends to bleach my fur. Of course, all one has to do is look beneath where the hairline is darker.

5.) Whenever Ole’ Yeller is sleeping, I hump his head. My human calls this a dominant behavior. She may be right because, as I see it, it’s totally asexual and I like to do this because…well… I can, and he still sleeps through the entire event. I’ve been spayed and besides, I sometimes won’t align myself well and I hump his neck, his back… his leg… his tail…his anything. Oh, God, this is so embarrassing.

Hey, Buster… can I tag you back? I don’t see that in the rules, ole’ buddy.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said…

    Has anybody ever told you what beautiful eyes you have?

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Chelsea said…

    What a brave doggie you are! I admire the fact that you openly admit you are scared of things. So am I.

    I put on a brave face but, I am a chicken.
    It's true you really ARE what you eat. I love chicken. Hee hee.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Sid the Dog said…

    Lulu-
    Do you think you could come take care of our vacuum cleaner? B and J are too cheap to buy a regular one and use a shop vac instead. It's terrifying! As for head humping, I find it liberating as well.
    Peace Out,
    Sid

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger fee said…

    miss lulu!

    you ATE miss kitty's food! they could be contaminated with her strange ailment! i hope you are fine. pray, check your eyes to make sure they don't look anything like miss kitty's eyes, and your tail!

    i will be praying for you.

    worried,
    fee
    PS: i gather i too have some karma to work out with that vacuum cleaner thing. the signs are all there, same as yours.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Simon said…

    LuLu,
    I'm right there with you on the head, um, fetish. As for the vacuum, I was "blessed" with bad ears, so the clean machine and fireworks are no problem for me. As for the rest of the world, lets just say my fears are too much to synthesize.
    Now on the issue of the glands as per your last post, I actually had to endure having them surgically removed. Not pretty, but I do have to say, WHAT A RELIEF!!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Kaluah-lu said…

    Buster: careful...I fall in love all too easily.

    Chelsea: Thanks for the support, Kiddo. By the way.. I love the photo. Who did your hair?

    Sid: Hey, babe...I like your style. You got Staff in you, I can FEEL it.

    Fee: Um.. you know.. you're absolutely right. If you look at the photo and note the eyeball color, you will see the beginning stages of the infection. Not to worry. The good Ayatollah has provided me with the means to reverse its affects. I also consume mass quantities of garlic.

    Simon, dahlink: You actually had those pesky little glands removed and lived to tell about it? Whoa, baby.. but, I see it doesn't interfere with your regular activities.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Lulu - I've never had a comment from a dog before! I enjoyed perusing yours as well, though I take a bit of umbrage at your kitty jokes (I had to hide Gilligan's eyes while I was reading them!)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home